Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thumbs Down

So at the dinner table we like to play a thumbs up, thumbs down, and thumbs horizontal (to signify "eh - I sorta like it") game. My kids and I come up with items at random and we give a yay, nay or eh on each. Last night W decided to add sound effects to the game. I'm not sure if this will come off "on screen" the way it did in person, but either way, I think the hilarity of it (and degree to which it made me inordinately proud of the values I'm teaching) should be obvious and need no post-explanation.

The game last night transpired like this:

Me: "Milk"
Boys: Thumbs raised plus sound effect: "Ding ding!"

Me: "Soccer"
Boys: Thumbs raised. "Ding ding!"

B: "Eyeballs"
Me and W: Thumbs raised. "Yah, we' like those...ding ding!"

Me: "Apple Fritters!"
Boys: Thumbs popping. "Ding a lingalingaling!"

W: "Slavery"
Me and Ben: stunned stares while getting our thumbs in down position.
W: Thumbs down plus sound effect: "Noooooooooooooooooo."

No comments: