Thursday, June 21, 2007

10 Things

For some reason I've been thinking about lists of things I want to do someday. I decided to put them down for the world to see (yes I know, you've been on the edge of your seats). It's a fun thing to think about, and sometimes during the second hour of watching the kids run across the park I need things to think about. This is the fairly reasonable list of things I want to do, meaning I think they might be possible with luck and persistence. I guess these are the things I most look forward to the possibility of in the future. There's a whole other list of things such as "Be the most famous person in the world" which will not happen, so I'm leaving those off.

1. Become a proud, heavily involved grandma someday (I can't think of anything I'd rather live for or be, other than a mom. Since that's already checked...)
2. Publish a novel (I can always self publish, right?)
3. Write a book about my step-dad's life or at least get it all down on paper. It's just too good to lose.
4. Take a family vacation out of the country
5. Take vacations somewhere new with each of my boys alone (just me with one of them at a time) before they graduate (G-d willing) from High School
6. Retire with enough money to travel and do fun things with my husband and family for as long as I live (I'm okay with living in a condo in exchange for fun money)
7. Many open water swims, espcially swimming in a relay race with my sons (or participate in any kind of athletic race/event with them)
8. Affect positive social change in some quantifiable way
9. Be interviewed (sit down interview) on television (okay this is quite a stretch)
10. Take my grandchildren on many annual "grandma and me" trips

Your turn. What's important to you?

No comments: