Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I never cry, but I do "well up"

My eyes welled up with tears of gratefulness this morning on the blacktop of my kid's school. They had an hour long dance festival where each class did something impressive to music. Then the whole of the first, second and third grade sat down and signed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" to the tune of a ukelele and Israel Kamakawiwo`ole's nostalgic and sad but sweet voice.



The sky was very blue, my child was smiling, and my eyes were wet. What a wonderful world indeed, at this amazing school.

2 comments:

AM! said...

my eyes are welled up too, and i just watched it w/annab and nicolas:)

SPT said...

that really was a heartbreaker, wasn't it? sam has been practicing the sign language for weeks but i had no idea what it was for or when.