Monday, March 16, 2009

Is blue still your favorite color?


I love a website that remembers my favorite color, and asks me if my last answer is still true. I love it because it's fun and makes me feel like I'm in first grade every time I visit, and I love it because my favorite color does in fact, change daily. Every time I visit this site and look at the gorgeous works of art my fav hue morphs a bit. The Red Dress painting changes my pick from blue to red every time. And that homepage palette painting: I want it. The placement of the navigation buttons is genius. I don't even care if they go anywhere...but they do and I would suggest clicking on every last one.

It doesn't hurt that I've been watching this amazing artist paint since she was 15 years old, but I'm astounded at what she's become. And just in time for all the mommies out there...she's now got children's portraits that are better than any of the unrealistic, stodgy portraits I've seen hanging around. Imagine one of these in a fun modern gold gilded frame. How can you not smile at it?

I don't usually "review" websites or products but I just had to throw Shana up on here. I'm overwhelmed by her her talent!

No comments: