Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Party Season

It's birthday party season. Four a weekend. No joke. It's insane and yet fun and also confusing. I'm not sure who would rather we say no and who is offended that we say no (because we do need to say no to at least 50% of them to remain physically in tact and still be able to squeeze in a few hours of sleep per night). My kid is already asking about his party in May - a party I hope never happens. Oh, sure we'll have a few kids over but I'm really hoping to escape the chaos of a whole class invited to my house or a nearby funporium such as Pump It Up or Chuck E. Cheese. I'm really hoping to avoid the 40 gifts of plastic, hours of dumping wrapping paper and paper plates, and multiple small bags of shit I hand out as "favors" to the departing smallfolk.

Right on time, I found this awesome website, ECHOage. What a lovely, clean idea. I think I will steal it, come May. I'm also thinking about starting a Facebook Fan Page titled: "I hate favor bags".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! For our own kids (now 5 and 9) we make them a loaded offer that has not failed yet; either

1. invite everyone and go somewhere boring like indoor playland thing with boring food, or

2. choose 2 or 3 best friends and we'll all go to the city/exploratorium/movie/science museum *and* adult restaurant, but kid friendly

Oh and we say no to little bags of crap too...

AM! said...

4 a weekend??? holy crap!! that's crazy! and i saw the echoage site and I think it looks like a cool idea. If you do it, report how you like it:)