Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Mother's Worst Nightmare

You come to this country for "a better life" for yourself and your children. You work yourself to the bone at a dry cleaning facility so that you can send your son to college. Before he graduates from that college, he is dead and gone and responsible for 32 other deaths (and the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history). I cannot imagine a more crisp and fiery hell than this for myself, as a mother. My heart goes out, as many of ours do I am sure, not only to the mothers of the victims, but to the mother of the shooter. Read this great post titled "A Letter to Mrs. Cho" at Silicon Valley Moms Blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so sad on many levels. Many of my mom friends and I are so haunted by it because college is the first time that many kids are out on their own. They should not have to worry about being shot in school.