Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Hawaii Trip

Sunday night at dinner I asked W, "What's one thing you want to do this week?"

"Go to Hawaii," he said.

Not what I expected, but clearly something I'd enjoy if it were even mildly possible. Or maybe it was. "How about we have a luau Friday night?" I said.

"A what?"

"A luau. We'll get Hawaiian food, music, and and and..."

"Let's draw a poster that says 'Aloha!' and also a Hawaiian flag!" he exclaimed.

"Yes," I said. "Let's do it." So we're gearing up for a Hawaiian evening this Friday. Grandpa By, who is from Hawaii, got wind of our plans and decided he couldn't miss it so he and my mom are driving through Friday traffic to get here and luau with us. They'll bring the music. We'll get on our suits and flowered shirts and watch a surf movie. I'm sure we'll have photos too. :) Sure, kahlua pork isn't the best thing to eat on the Eve of Shabbos, but it sure is good (the darn stuff just melts in my mouth). Yum. Bring on the Pig!

No comments: